Stones: Selenite, Blue Lace Agate, Lapus Lazuli, Clear Quartz
Goddesses: Nut, Hera
Gods: Odin, Amun, Enlil
Zodiac Signs: Aquarius, Gemini, Libra
Next up in our Energetics of Elemental Magick series, we move from the North and the element of Earth to the East – the element of Air and the Mental Realm.
After grounding down with Mother Earth, we fly high to connect with Father Sky.
Air is the oxygen in our lungs and the wind beneath our wings.
Through the breath, we come home to the body. We cleanse, purify and move stagnant energy.
Associated with the Mental Realm, it is our ability to think critically and analyze, process our thoughts and make sense of the world around us.
In the Yin expression of Air, we soar with ease and flow. There is a flexibility and adaptability to this energy that keeps us flying in the direction of our big dreams and visions, always course correcting to ensure we stay in alignment. With visionary and innovative ideas, everything is possible here.
In the Yang expression, we tap into objectivity and our ability to assess without bias. There is an impartiality that breeds fairness and allows us to see new perspectives and solutions. This energy helps us communicate with precision and engage in witty, intellectual conversations.
At it’s heart, Air is the Breath of Life. We wouldn’t be alive without it.
Breath keeps our blood circulating and systems soothed and energized, encouraging greater presence and equilibrium.
Calling upon Air, we find precision and clarity. When we’re unsure of ourselves, we can call on this element to help us pierce through to the truth and clearly and concisely communicate it. We can always take a step back to take a breath and find our center.
While it is the most etheric of all the elements, it is actually quite simple to tap into the energy of Air on the physical plane. To do so, all you need to do is step back and remember your breath. We often take breathing for granted as human beings, though it is our vital life force that is always with us. Whenever you feel overwhelmed or frazzled, take a pause and breathe deep to come back home to divine flow.
How to Connect with Air
- Play with different patterns of breath, also known as breathwork, to access different states of being. Try short, staccato breaths to invigorate yourself from the inside out or deep belly breaths to soothe your nervous system.
- Like the breath, smoke is used to cleanse and purify, so try a spell with incense to enhance your magick.
- There’s no better way to experience lightness and ethereal energy than Angel Magick. Enjoy accessing the Heavens with these otherworldly beings.
- Take a class, expand your mind, try a new hobby, or learn something new. Air wants to know about everything!
- Hop on your bike or get in the car with the windows rolled all the way down and feel the breeze all around you.
For more ways to work with the element of Air, check out the video below: